Thursday, May 29, 2008

Who is this child's mother?!?!?

Ever been somewhere and noticed a mom who is just on the brink of losing all sanity right then and there in the middle of the store? She's torn between screaming and having a fierce outbreak of physical violence, but she knows she's in a public place, so she must keep some sort of lid on it, so as not to appear a complete lunatic who cannot get a grip to save her life? Who, in the midst of all this inner turmoil is wondering, "I'm in a christian bookstore! Why can't some sort of divine intervention happen here and save me from this mental and emotional anguish???"

Well, I must sadly admit that I am that mom. I realized today that if I have not trained my child on how to behave in public, that even helping my 11-year-old pick out a bible, will not protect me from all the 5-year-oldness that my darling angel may decide to unleash upon me.

My obvious lesson for today was, "You reap what you sow."


2 comments:

Caffeinated Cowgirl said...

helping my 11-year-old pick out a bible, will not protect me from all the 5-year-oldness that my darling angel may decide to unleash upon me

ha ha ha ha .. the picture of Joey at the end was PERFECT! Fun post.. well for me. Hoping I'll get my blog up and running next week!

Jill Marie Paulson said...

I guess kids are the same whereever you live or come from...welcome to the midwest, Alicia. Do you have that applesauce done yet?