Monday, April 28, 2008

Ready for Spring Already!!!

I have come to the sad realization that the "First Day of Spring" does not pertain to South Dakota. We've seen glimpses of the mysterious season, but Winter is still hanging on with at least one hand. It has officially been Spring for about 5 weeks now, and just this past Friday, school got out at noon because of a snowstorm! Although, I have to say that I really didn't mind missing out on the 8th grade study hall that I was going to sub for! (If you've ever had an 8th grader, you'll know what I mean, but, THAT subject could take up it's very own blog!) And now, we're supposed to get more snow at the end of this week, which could mean cancelled field trips! I won't be too heartbroken about missing the zoo itself, but it will be my preschooler's first field trip, so if we don't go, I'll be really bummed. So even though I have ABSOLUTELY enjoyed having actual seasons, I'm ready for it to be Spring and ONLY Spring for now!

1 comment:

Caffeinated Cowgirl said...

Whats that they say about South Dakota, you have winter.. and July. Those are your seasons! Its ok cas in California we have... well.. two days in January that may be considered winter and a few days in June we classify as June glume- other then that.. its good old fashion HOT santa anas, & brown grass from lack of rain. Enjoy your season!