Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Kidney Stone

Okay, I'm sure this is probably TMI, but I'm posting a pic of my kidney stone that I passed lastnight. I found out a few weeks ago that I have 5 of them, so I've now decreased my amount of kidney stones by 20%. As soon as I found out what was causing my unusual pain, I started drinking my required 8 glasses a day, which is actually 64 ounces more water than I would normally drink. So, now I'm saving my rocky little friend to take to the urologist next week to be analyzed. I'm hoping that they'll tell me that the only way to prevent more of them is to increase my intake of frozen dairy products (preferably chocolate flavored). And one thing that totally amazed me about my stone is that when you look at it in the light, you can see little shimmery sparkles. I'm assuming they're some sort of mineral deposits like you sometimes see in rocks, but dadgummit, if all my poor eating and self-dehydration didn't create just the purtiest little stone! I'm wondering if I can't make some sort of bracelet after I pass the other 4, so that I have something to show for all my hard work!

4 comments:

Sue Wilkey said...

OMG- I don't ever drink water- I better hop to it or I'm gonna have some kidney bling of my own.

Anonymous said...

That is seriously scary looking...I am going to grab some water right now!

Please feel free to stop by another small town girl's blog! :)
Erin

This Crazy Thing Called Motherhood said...

You'll be happy to know that I've been chugging water like a madwoman in my attempt to save myself from having to experience passing a stone.

And hey, where have you been? My blog just isn't the same without my favorite stalker! lol

Hope all is well on your end!

April said...

Dear Me! I bet that made childbirth look like a walk in the park!