It was lots of fun and gave me a great sense of accomplishment, like now I'm prepared for any emergency, cuz I have 6 quarts of applesauce on my shelf! So, I decided I would can apple pie filling, so that when I had the domesticated urge to bake an apple pie, I could just whip up a crust and fill it up with my pre-made filling. So, Amy was nice enough to loan me her canning supplies, so I could do this.
AND THEN, lo and behold, after researching online, I find out that I can't use the water bath canner pot on a GLASS TOP ELECTRIC STOVE!!! AND, can you guess what kind of stove I have? That's right, a GLASS TOP ELECTRIC STOVE!!! So, after checking out this site and weighing all my options, I decided to freeze my apple pie filling like Mary does on Home-Steeped Hope. It basically accomplishes the same thing as canning except if my electricity goes out, I guess we'll be eating the apple pie filling first! Here are some pics of the process:
1 comment:
I am lovin the hearts on your pie! You are awesome! Now come on over here and teach me, ok? ;)
Post a Comment