I will now share with you what I had to use my extra special Fedex pak for. Some of you will recall that I had 5 kidney stones a while back. (If you missed that post, you can read it here.) Well, in order to find out what my kidney stone was made of, I had to give a 24-hour urine sample. Basically, pee into a container every time you pee for a 24-hour period, then send them a sample of it. In case you're wondering what kind of container I had to pee into, here it is:
And yes, it did have to be refridgerated! I had to put a jug of urine in my fridge. Luckily, that wasn't the night the queen was coming over for dinner, cuz I think that would've made a very poor impression. I know it made a definite impression on my 11-year-old. He really had no appreciation whatsoever for the jug of pee in our fridge. In fact, he didn't even find it funny when I told him I was going to wash and re-use the jug to make orange juice in. Sheesh, some people!
So, from the jug I had to fill up 2 little vials, with pretty blue lids, with my pee.
And then put those little vials, with pretty blue lids, into a special ziploc bag and into a little cardboard box.
And into my special Fedex pak and off to Fedex to be delivered to the lab.
So, ladies and gents, what have we learned from this little exercise in medical sampling??? If you want to avoid, at all costs, putting pee-pee in your refridgerator, be sure to drink plenty of water, so that this doesn't happen to you.
Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow.
3 comments:
Oh, dear! That is interesting, but something I'd rather not do!
I hope you don't have to repeat it... :)
So, how is your health?
I know you're super busy....but I've missed you over on my blog! :(
Hope you are doing well!
i stumbled on this from a link on another blog and it seems like we live similar lives! i am a christian mom who home schools and i just had my first kidney stone. AGONY! water water water......it's all i have to say. blessings!
Post a Comment