Sunday, July 26, 2009

Finally.......THE HOUSE!

Okay, so I didn't blog for 3 months. Some people would really try to not make excuses, but I'm not one of those people. I have plenty of excuses. And here they are in chronological order:

End of school year
Closed on our house
Daughter visit for 5 weeks
Grandpa visit for 7 days
Started a new bible study
Got a new dog
Nephew visit for 7 days

So there they are and they are perfectly viable excuses. What do you mean all those excuses didn't seem to stop me from checking my facebook on a daily basis? Facebook really only requires a few minutes at a time and is much easier to check than to conjure up the brain power to write out a heartfelt and witty blog entry. So, all that aside, I know you're dying to hear about my house!

It's a 1918 American Foursquare style house. 4 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, 2-story, hardwood floors in most of the rooms, original woodwork (as far as I know), and we absolutely love it! We closed on June 12 and got all the stuff moved over on June 20. Here's some pics:

This was back in February when our offer was accepted.





Some of the inside: (I'll post more once I take some that have my furniture in it. Most of the ones I have are of when we first looked at it.)







And here is a little before and after in my kitchen:

Before:


After:


New roof being put on:



I actually have a few more things to blog about, but it is just getting too late. Maybe I can conjure up some sort of miraculous consistency and actually blog again this week!

1 comment:

This Crazy Thing Called Motherhood said...

I love the pics of your new house! I am super jealous. If I lived near you, I would want to come over and just sit in your house. You wouldn't mind, right?

"Mom, why is this lady sitting in our house?"

"Oh that's just Beth. She's got house-envy issues. Just ignore her and she'll go away eventually."

hee hee....

But of course, you wouldn't ignore me because I am just so utterly fabulous, right? ;-)